Looking to get braces but not sure where to start? Here are 10 things you need to know before getting started with your braces journey.
1. Great things come with patience! Braces work by gently moving your teeth into their proper positions over time, so it’s important to be patient and consistent in following your treatment plan.
2. Wood Allen is correct. 80% of success is showing up! To make sure that your braces are working as intended, be sure to attend all your regularly scheduled appointments with your orthodontist. These check-ins will help ensure that everything is going smoothly and allow any necessary adjustments to be made quickly.
3. FOLLOW THE RULES OR FOLLOW THE FOOLS. In addition to getting regular check-ups, it’s also important to carefully follow any instructions or dietary guidelines provided by your orthodontist, such as avoiding certain foods that could potentially damage your braces.
4. Happiness is a mood. Positivity is a mindset! Remember that getting braces is a big commitment, and will take some time and effort on your part to ensure the best results. Be sure to stick with it and keep a positive attitude throughout the process, and you’ll be smiling brightly in no time!
5. Take care of your body! It’s the ONLY PLACE you have to live in! Be sure to take good care of your teeth while wearing braces by brushing regularly and flossing at least once per day. This can help prevent plaque buildup and other dental issues from occurring while you have your braces, helping to ensure that you get the most out of your treatment.
6. Communication is key! If you’re feeling nervous or anxious about getting braces, don’t hesitate to reach out to your orthodontist for support. They will be more than happy to address any concerns or questions you may have and can provide helpful tips and advice to help make the process easier.
7. The juice is worth the squeeze!! While getting braces can seem like a big change at first, it’s important to remember that this is ultimately an exciting step towards achieving your ideal smile. With time, patience, and proper care, getting braces can be a rewarding experience that brings many positive benefits in the long run.
8. Don’t rely on alexa (Dr. Amazon) or Dr. Google to do your homework! Whether you’re getting braces for the first time or are switching over to a different type of treatment, always do your research ahead of time so you feel confident in your decision. This can help ensure that you get the most out of your treatment and feel comfortable throughout the process.
9. Not all orthodontists are created equal! Dentists go to 4 years of dental school to practice dentistry. ORTHODONTISTS go to 4 years of dental school PLUS 2-3 years of #residency. Choose wisely.
10. No matter what type of braces you choose or what challenges you may face along the way, always remember that getting braces is an important step in achieving a healthy and beautiful smile that you’ll be proud to show off for years to come.